Keeping active for Fun, Fitness & Friendship!
At Winchester Glen, you will have the choice to spend your days however you like. Each day, there will be an array of activities waiting for you just outside your front door and you will be encouraged to do whatever makes you smile!
Staying socially, physically and mentally active as we age is key to a healthy and happy lifestyle. At Winchester Glen, you will have plenty of opportunities to engage in activities with other residents that feed your mind, body & spirit.
Our Program Director will soon get to know you and your interests and will keep the recreation calendar full of activities you will be sure to love – both on-site at Winchester Glen and planned excursions to nearby attractions.
For times when you don’t feel like participating in organized activities, you can take advantage of all the wonderful amenities at your doorstep…
- Enjoy a coffee and the morning paper at our Bistro.
- Relax with a good book in our Library
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the paths of the residence.
- Get active in our fully equipped Fitness Centre
- Catch up with family or friends over a refreshing drink at the Pub
- Be creative in our Craft Kitchen.
- Plant some herbs in our Indoor Greenhouse.
- Gather with friends for a game of cards in one of our Games Room
- Enjoy a movie and fresh popcorn in our community Theatre
- Get pampered at the Salon.
- Take part in weekly services in our on-site Chapel or let us give you a ride to your local church service.
With our complimentary shuttle service, you also have easy access to the many of the attractions Oshawa has to offer. For instance, you may wish to visit historic sites such as the Parkwood Estate, engage with art & culture at the Robert McLaughlin Gallery or enjoy a variety of other attractions including the Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens. For those who like to shop, Oshawa Centre is the largest retail mall in the region and is just a short drive from Winchester Glen.