Activities and Recreation
Keeping active for Fun, Fitness & Friendship! Different activities and recreation options will be waiting for you just outside your front door. You will be encouraged to do whatever makes you smile!
At Winchester Glen, you will have the choice to spend your days however you like.
Staying socially, physically and mentally active as we age is key to a healthy and happy lifestyle. At Winchester Glen, there will be plenty of opportunities to engage in activities with other residents.
Feed your mind, body & spirit.
Our Program Director will soon get to know you and your interests! We will keep the recreation calendar full of activities you will be sure to love. There will be options on-site at Winchester Glen as well as planned excursions to nearby attractions.
When you don’t feel like participating in organized activities, you can take advantage of all the wonderful amenities at your doorstep…
Just some of the options….
- Enjoy a coffee and the morning paper at our Bistro.
- Relax with a good book in our Library
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the paths of the residence.
- Get active in our fully equipped Fitness Centre
- Catch up with family or friends over a refreshing drink at the Pub
- Be creative in our Craft Kitchen.
- Plant some herbs in our Indoor Potting Room.
- Gather with friends for a game of cards in one of our Games Room
- Enjoy a movie and fresh popcorn in our community Theatre
- Get pampered at the Salon.
- Take part in weekly services in our on-site Chapel or let us give you a ride to your local church service.
With our complimentary shuttle service, you also have easy access to the many of the attractions Oshawa has to offer. For instance, you may wish to visit historic sites such as the Parkwood Estate or engage with art & culture at the Robert McLaughlin Gallery. Enjoy a variety of other attractions including the Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens. For those who like to shop, Oshawa Centre is the largest retail mall in the region and is just a short drive from Winchester Glen.